Cannabis butter, also called cannabutter is a butter that has been infused with cannabis either be THC or CBD. Cannabis has been used for centuries to treat a wide range of medical conditions. There are many benefits to cannabis butter, including reducing inflammation, reducing anxiety and reducing pain. In this blog I have put together a comprehensive guide on the benefits of cannabis butter and how to make cannabis butter.
What are some of the benefits of cannabis butter?
It contains hundreds of cannabinoids that interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in our bodies, which in turn repairs imbalances in biochemistry and neurochemistry, and produces wonderful effects like relief from chronic pain, nausea, muscle spasms, and loads more. Additionally, cannabis butter has been used for centuries to treat a wide range of medical conditions. Cannabis butter has many potential benefits for your health. Some of these benefits include: relief of chronic pains, improve lung capacity, help lose weight, regulate diabetes, fight cancer, helps treat depression, regulates seizures, mend bones, helps with ADHD/ADD and the list goes on with so many benefits to consuming cannabis butter without have to ingest the carcinogen from smoking.
When you ingest marijuana orally, it is first metabolized by your liver, which turns it into a completely different kind of THC than you get if you simply smoke it. This THC, 11-OH-THC, is more potent than regular THC Delta-9THC, and leads to a more intense and longer-lasting high.
Ingesting raw or dried cannabis will not have any effects. Similar to smoking a joint, the cannabis needs to be lit to feel the high. This is because cannabis contains THCA and CBDA, it needs to be activated with heat so that it turns to THC and CBD. Decarboxylation is an important steps when making cannabis butter.
- Preheat the oven to 240 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Break up cannabis flower into small pieces, removing seeds and stems
- Bake for 40 minutes, your cannabis flower should be brown in colour
- Let it cool before storing in an air tight container. Decarboxylated weed is good for up to 6 months.
How to make cannabis butter?
Making your own cannabis butter is easy. Once you’ve decarboxylated weed, follow these simple steps:
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces butter
- 1/2 ounce decarboxylated weed
- Mix water and butter using a saucepan on low heat
- Once the butter is melted, add the decarboxylated weed and mix well
- Let the mixture simmer for 4 hours, mixing every 30 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn
- After 4 hours, strain the mixture using a cheesecloth into a container. Let is cool at room temperature before storing in the fridge.
- Your cannabis butter is good for up to 6 months
Cannabis butter has so many uses. You can simply add some to any of your meals, and even drinks such as Dutch coffee, or bake with it. You can also add it on a joint to get a more intense high. The possibilities are endless with cannabis butter.
Now that we have learned all the benefits of cannabis butter and how easy it is to make it yourself, visit chronicfarms.cc and get your cannabis flowers today!