As we all know, the skin is one of the most important parts of our bodies. It protects us against bacterial infections, UV rays and other environmental factors. As a result, keeping it healthy and moisturized can be challenging. Luckily, many natural remedies can help with skincare. One such remedy is cannabidiol (also known as CBD), which belongs to a group of compounds called cannabinoids. Cannabinoids have been used for centuries as medicine or recreationally. They have been studied extensively in the past few years due to their potential benefits to human health. And now Cannabidiol has become an increasingly popular ingredient in skin care products because of its ability to help strengthen our skins’ natural protective barriers. Cannabinoids are also naturally produced in our bodies, primarily in the resin glands of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS consists of two main components: cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2) and endocannabinoids. When endocannabinoids are activated by cannabinoids, they bind to receptors on various cells throughout the body to trigger a cascade reaction that modulates how they respond: When stimulated from outside sources such as plants or synthetic chemicals, the cannabinoid receptors stop releasing endocannabinoids so that new ones cannot be made; when activated by endogenous cannabinoids produced by ECS cells themselves (such as anandamide), they continue releasing more endocannabinoids for longer periods
What is CBD used for in skincare products?
CBD in skincare products is used for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Anti-Inflammation – CBD can naturally reduce inflammation in the skin without causing psychoactive effects that are common with many anti-inflammatory products.
- Anti-Cancer – Studies have shown that CBD may inhibit the growth of several types of skin cancer cells in animals.
- Anti-Aging – A 2014 review by researchers at the University of Malaya found that CBD may be effective in treating skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne, due to its antioxidant properties.
Why choose CBD for skin care?
CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that can be safely used as a dietary supplement. It can be used in skincare products to:
- Strengthen the skin’s natural defenses against infection, sun damage, and aging
- Reduce pain and reduce inflammation, which can help with skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and rosacea
- Reduce redness and swelling from rosacea, which is an extremely common condition among people of all ages
- Strengthen the immune system, which can help prevent or treat certain skin conditions
- Improve skin texture and elasticity, which can help with acne and rosacea.
- Skin Elasticity – CBD can increase collagen production and improve the skin’s elasticity, which can help with issues such as acne scarring and eczema.
- Skin Texture – CBD can help with acne scarring and texture issues such as redness and eczema.
Types of CBD Products for Skin Care
CBD products can be applied topically, ingested orally, or used as a vapor to inhale. Products that are applied topically may include creams, salves, ointments, sprays, and drops. CBD topicals are a common and effective way to deliver CBD to the skin. These products are typically applied topically and come in many forms, such as oils, salves, lotions, creams, and balms. A common method for taking CBD orally is sublingual consumption, which means that it is absorbed through the thin layer of skin between the teeth and the mouth, rather than the stomach. CBD can also be used as a vapor to inhale. This can be done using a vape pen, an e-cigarette, or an oil-containing vaping cartridge. Some products can also be used as an olfactory inhalant, which means that they can be inhaled through the nose, similar to how perfume is used.
CBD is becoming more and more popular as a natural skincare ingredient. This could be because it is non-psychoactive, meaning that it does not cause any kind of high like you might experience with other natural cannabinoids such as THC. CBD is also beneficial for many different types of skin issues, including acne, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. This means it can be helpful for a wide range of people, including those with sensitive skin types and those who want to protect their skin from the harmful effects of the sun.