Cannabidiol, or CBD for short, is a compound found in the hemp plant. In addition to being found in hemp plants, CBD can also be found in certain medical cannabis strains. Hemp plants contain high amounts of CBD-rich resin along with other cannabinoids, such as terpenes and flavonoids. The structure of CBD as a non-psychoactive cannabinoid different from THC has made it an appealing choice for patients. Read on to learn more about what a CBD patch is, its benefits, side effects, and alternatives if you’re thinking about trying one out.
What is a CBD Patch?
A CBD patch is a wearable patch filled with CBD-rich hemp oil. Though hemp-derived CBD is available in oils, creams, and even edibles, a patch is the only way to get the compound implanted under your skin. The one caveat about patches is that users need to be careful about the products’ expiry date. The patches can be applied to the skin, like a sticker, or worn like a Band-Aid. Unlike edibles or oils, which are ingested and absorbed through the GI tract, a CBD patch is placed on the skin and absorbed through the epidermis.
CBD benefits come in many forms, including treatment of some chronic diseases, improved well-being, and even increased productivity. Let’s take a look at what these benefits are and how they can help improve your quality of life.
- Improved Sleep Quality – Many users have found that a CBD patch helps them sleep better. Technology in today’s society can often cause insomnia or restless sleep, so having a reliable treatment to rely on can be a godsend.
- Better Digestive Health – A better digestive health can be a side effect of many of the drugs used to treat nausea, as well as a symptom of certain health conditions such as digestive disorders or Crohn’s Disease. A healthy digestive system is crucial for your overall well-being, and supplementation with CBD can have a positive influence on it.
- Better Mood – A better mood can be a side effect of many medications, including those used to treat anxiety and depression. CBD is known to be an anti-anxiety supplement, so it can be helpful in treating these conditions.
- Increased Productivity – Another side effect of many medications is poor productivity. CBD can help with this by providing an increase in focus, concentration, and motivation—all things you need to get work done.
Side Effects of a CBD Patch
A key side effect of a CBD patch is that it won’t work for everyone. A certain percentage of users may have no reaction to it. The side effects are going to vary depending on the user, and a few may experience negative reactions. Some of the side effects may include:
- Skin rash – Some users have reported a rash after applying a CBD patch. If you experience a rash, you should discontinue the use of it immediately.
- Dry mouth – A dry mouth is another possible side effect of a CBD patch, which can be uncomfortable. If you experience it, you should drink plenty of water to avoid discomfort.
- Sleep disturbances – Some users have found that applying a CBD patch causes them to be more restless while sleeping. If you experience this, you should stop using the patch.
Alternative CBD Patches
If you’ve tried a CBD patch and experienced negative side effects, you may be wondering if there are other methods of consuming CBD. Fortunately, the answer is yes. There are CBD oils, edibles, and even CBD-infused drinks that you can consume for better results. These all have their pros and cons, though, so it’s important to do your research before using them. CBD oils are one of the most popular forms of consuming CBD. This is because it’s easy to take in a drop or two under your tongue. Edibles and drinks are similar to oils in that they’re ingested. But they’re usually taken in a solid or liquid form that can be more difficult to take in compared to a CBD oil.
Final Words: Should You Try a CBD Patch?
CBD patches seem like a great option for patients who want to feel relief throughout the day without having to remember to take a capsule or oil. Before trying a CBD patch, be sure to do your research and talk to your doctor first. Visit Chronicfarms.cc online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.